At Women’s Wellness Center we provide a full range of obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound services, with the extra advantage of physician consultation during the ultrasound visit. This means you know the results of your ultrasound test immediately, instead of having to wait until the technician communicates with a radiologist, who then generates a report to send to the ordering physician, who then must inform you. Consultative ultrasound at Women’s Wellness Center gives more timely and relevant results, as the expert who interprets the ultrasound is also board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, so the ultrasound findings can be immediately discussed as relating to your clinical condition.
Performed on non-pregnant patients to assess pelvic structures, the uterus, ovaries, and identify abnormal structures that may be present.
- First Trimester Ultrasound — to establish due date and evaluate fetal well-being
- Nuchal Translucency Scan — performed from 11 to 13 6/7 weeks. Normal findings indicate less risk of a chromosomal abnormality or structural cardiac defect being present. This test is often used in conjunction with first trimester biochemical testing for detection of genetic abnormality.
- Morphology Ultrasound — to detect structural or chromosomal abnormalities — best performed at approximately 20 weeks of gestation
- Fetal Echocardiography — a detailed and specialized ultrasound of the fetal heart
- 3D/4D Ultrasound — utilized as part of the diagnostic ultrasound, when indicated
- Cervical Length Assessment — used to assess the risk of prematurity for those at risk.
- Biophysical Profile Testing — performed weekly for high risk pregnancies to assess fetal well-being.