Massage therapy is one of the best treatments for relieving stress. Stress brings tense neck and shoulder muscles, leading to stiffness, headaches and more stress. Emotional stress can adversely affect overall health causing chronic elevation of the fight-or-flight chemicals in the body. Massage helps to relax the mind, body and spirit, providing time and space for self, and a feeling of peace, calm and well-being. Massage facilitates emotional and physical healing, allowing the nervous system to normalize itself. Reducing stress through massage can even improve stress-related medical conditions, such as heart palpitations and elevated blood pressure.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Reduces Stress
- Promotes Deep Relaxation
- Increases Endorphin Levels
- Promotes Deeper and Easier Breathing
- Promotes Greater Joint Flexibility & Range of Motion
- Releases “Knots” in the Muscles
- Improves Blood Circulation
- Enhances the Immune System
- Furthers Overall Health & Physical Equilibrium
Massage Therapy Services
- Swedish Massage. Involves gentle manipulation using strokes such as gliding, kneading, stretching and tapping to promote circulation, relaxation, stress reduction and general well-being.
- Deep Tissue Massage. Incorporates more focused, penetrating strokes such as compression and cross fiber friction to facilitate the release of specific muscles that are taut or knotted.
- Myofascial Release. A specialized stretching technique used to treat soft tissue problems. The therapist finds the areas of tightness, applies a light stretch, waits for the tissue to relax, then increases the stretch until the area is fully relaxed. This process is repeated until all tight areas are gently stretched and relaxed. Myofascial release is often beneficial for treating muscle and joint pains, sport injuries or auto accidents, post-surgical pain, carpel tunnel syndrome, plantar fasciitis, fibromyalgia, or other conditions.
- Prenatal Massage. Massage therapy can help mothers-to-be adjust to changes that occur during pregnancy and relieve some discomforts they experience. Side-lying techniques help relieve low back and leg pain, and help increase awareness of the body, allowing a deeper connection between mother and child. The relaxing effects of massage therapy can also be very helpful in preparation for labor and delivery.
Insurance Covers Massage Therapy
In some cases, massage therapy can be covered by your health insurance if there is an indication for myofascial release (described above). If your doctor believes you might benefit from myofascial release, he/she can provide you with a written order, and our office will take care of pre-certification with insurance. This will need to be handled in advance of the appointment, and not all insurances will cover this service.
We are a medical facility, so we do not expect a gratuity for massage services – consider this a savings when comparing fees with other facilities. We accept payment at the time of service by cash, check or credit card.
Individual Massage Fees:
30 minute massage: $35.00
60 minute massage: $65.00
Massage Therapy has the capacity to heal the body, relax the mind, revitalize the spirit, and nurture the heart. What better way to promote wellness for someone you love? Pamper them with a gift of health – a soothing massage. Ask about gift certificates for massage therapy at Women’s Wellness Center.